MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Week five journey to half marathon

What an amazing week it has been!  Thursday started out with my sister-in-law Kalea getting engaged to her boyfriend Chaz (who is basically family already).  He got up on stage at a Fun. concert in front of thousands of people and asked her to marry him...he is one daring guy :)  Friday evening we headed to Klamath Falls (about 70 miles away from here) and stayed with some wonderful friends for the evening to fun my third 10k Saturday.  My friend Tara (who we stayed with) ran the race as well.  It ended up being only 6 people running the 10k and I forgot my ipod so it was a strange run for me.  With no one around to add to the race adrenaline and no music to pump me up I just focused on making it a training run for myself.  I ended up getting a personal record with 1:08:47 so I'm very proud of that!

I've been doing wonderful this week going to the gym and running as well as tracking all of my food and eating healthy.  It's been a successful week for me, and I feel empowered and healthy.  Making smart choices with my food helps fuel me to run and exercise better as well.

The best part of the week though was today which was a HUGE milestone for me.  I ran TEN miles straight!!!!!!!  I have now officially ran double digits.  I can't believe how far I've come and that I did such a long endurance run.  Now all I have to do is tack on a 5k and my half is complete :)  I definitely have the confidence I need to complete the race running the whole thing now and with two more long runs ahead of me that will build my confidence even more.  I was so shocked and excited when I finished that all I kept saying was "TEN MILES!"  I am one tired and happy runner!  Tonight we are headed to another Britt festival concert to see Colbie Caillat and Gavin DeGraw so it's a great way to relax and celebrate my first double digit run.

We are about three weeks away from the big half marathon and PARTY.  It's going to be quite the turnout with my parents, a cousin from Bend, all of Jacob's family and his Grandpa all the way from Southern California...woohoo :)  I can't wait to celebrate all my accomplishments with them and to also celebrate Matt, Bri, Joni and Tara running the half marathon too.

I hope you guys enjoy the video this week...I really love this video because there are a lot of candid moments, great pictures and awesome music.  Thank you again for all those that are supporting me through this journey.


1 comment: