Yesterday marked the end of my two weeks without stepping on the scale. After two months of hovering at the same spot and feeling defeated (which lead to my obsession and cut off) I have lost four pounds. I am now 20 pounds to my first goal of losing 100 pounds total! I can't believe how close I am :) I am so happy with the results of giving up my scale obsession because I was finally able to break through and get results on and off the scale.
I found that these two weeks were a lot happier. The first few days I was very anxious not knowing my number, and I was so used to waking up obsessing about weighing that it took a little bit of getting used to starting my day normal. By the end of the two weeks though I was not thinking about weighing at all. I decided to have Jacob hide the scale again and I will weigh every two weeks because I still had that obsessive feeling the day of weighing and I knew I would easily slip back in to that unhealthy relationship with the scale.
It's nice to see progress on the scale, but more than that I feel motivated to improve my running and exercise and to see results in other ways. I am excited to be so close to my first big goal of 100 pounds lost and I think if I were weighing every day I would hold myself back from achieving that and now I feel like I will accomplish it within the next few months.
Here is two another two weeks of success on and off the scale and continuing to form a healthy relationship with that number :)
Mexico City Weekend
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment