MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, January 16, 2012

my first 5k race

I ran my first 5k race and I *loved* it :)  I was so nervous, and my biggest fear was that I would finish last.  I got to the race that morning and all I could see were fit runners all around me and I thought for sure they would all finish before me.  As the race started though I quickly realized I would do much better than I thought.  The course was in a beautiful location outside Medford with views of the mountain.  It was a cold morning but I love running in the cold :)  I finished the first two miles before I knew it and then the course hit some major uphill roads.  I watched as people started walking, but I was determined to run the whole thing.  I paced myself and made it through and crossed the finish line 34th out of 57 female runners in the 5k (67th out of 94 total at the 5k that day) with a time of 33:50 which beat my goal of 35 minutes!  Talk about runners high :)

The best part was that my wonderful husband, my sister-in-law Kalea and Briana and her husband Matt were all there to cheer me on.  It was great to have the support and to reach such a big goal I had set for myself to run a 5k.  It's official - I'm addicted to running :)  I'm only a couple miles away from my 100 mile prize now, so it looks like I'll be shopping for some new fancy sunglasses this week!  I'm now training hard for the 5 and 3/4ths mile Trinidad to Clam beach run in a couple of weeks and I'm getting really excited for it.

This week will be a bit crazy as we are putting in new wood flooring in our living room and master bedroom - and while we put flooring in our bedroom we are painting too.  That includes all the trim since the last owners liked to paint the trim every color but white.  I am so excited though for the end results - I will post pictures once the remodel is done!

I'm going to wrap up with a few pictures from my 5k race:

Crossing the finish line

I love him :)

So proud to have finished!

2 comments:

  1. Looking great, watch out...running is addicting :) Keeps me sane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kristin for the support! :) Running keeps me sane too..love it! :)

    ReplyDelete