MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The ABC's of food :)

I saw this fun survey on one of my online buddies blog  (check out her super inspiring blog here: http://annieweighsblog.blogspot.com/ ) and thought it would be fun to do....so here is the ABC's of food survey:


A is for Apple, what is your favorite variety?
I love honeycrisp and pink lady apples - yum! :)


B is for Bread, regardless of nutrition, calories, or whole grains, what is your favorite type to have a nice big piece of?

Probably my all-time favorite bread would be this amazing basil parmesan bread from great harvest here in Medford...I could eat a whole loaf without even thinking!  



C is for Cereal, what is your favorite kind currently?
I love the blueberry morning cereal but don't eat it too much.  I love kashi cereals as well.


D is for Doughnuts, you might not currently be eating them but what kind do you fancy?

The round ones with chocolate frosting on top!



E is for Eggs, how would you like yours prepared?
I don't like eggs...I really wish I did because they are so good for you!  I am going to try to force myself to start trying to at least eat a scramble with lots of veggies and see how I like it :)


F is for Fat Free, what is your favorite fat free product?

Fage greek yogurt for sure :)



G is for Groceries, where do you purchase yours?
My absolute favorite place to shop is Trader Joes but we don't have one here in Southern Oregon (so we drive to California every couple months and stock up).  In between we stock up on a lot of veggies and fruits at Costco, and the smaller items at safeway or fred meyer



H is for Hot Beverages, what is your favorite hot drink?
I really love just an amazing cup of coffee (mauigrown coffee please) with half and half.  I also love a good spicy/sweet hot tea...my favorite is probably the sugar plum spice tea they put out at holidays


I is for Ice Cream, pick a favorite flavor and add a fun topping.
Chocolate with peanut butter :)



J is for Jams and Jellies, do you eat them, and if so what kind and flavor?
Yep, I love them.  My favorite is the reduced sugar blackberry jam from Trader Joes



K is for Kashi, name your favorite Kashi product?
I love Kashi - my favorite is the Kashi golean crunch cereal.  It's amazing with greek yogurt and some fruit mixed together in the morning for breakfast.  



L is for Lunch, what was yours today?
I haven't had lunch yet but it will probably be half a grilled sandwich on Daves Killer Good Seed bread with turkey and a little cheese.  I will probably have a piece of fruit and either a small salad or some other veggie on the side as well.


M is for microwave, what is your favorite microwave meal/snack?
My favorite microwave meal would probably be any type of pesto pasta dish (trader joes has a yummy one).



N is for nturients, do you like carbs, fats, or proteins best?
Definitely carbs :)  I never have a hard time getting carbs in, and rarely have a hard time getting fats in but I'm working on adding lots of protein.



O is for oil, what kind do you use?
Extra virgin olive oil all the way :)



P is for protein, how do you get yours?
Cottage cheese, lunch meat (ham or turkey), chicken breast, beans (hummus included), protein shakes, greek yogurt, kashi golean crunch, nuts (almonds, cashews, peanuts)


Q is for Quaker, how do you like your oats?

I love oatmeal with fresh or dried blueberries mixed in.  A little brown sugar is also tasty!  I also love steel cut oats mixed with peanut butter :)

R is for Roasting, what is your favorite thing to roast?

Asparagus



S is for Sandwich, what is your favorite kind?
Grilled cheese or a yummy panini with pesto, cheese and tomatoes


T is for Travel, how do you handle eating while traveling?
This really depends on the travel...if it's just to visit family I usually try to stay pretty healthy.  If I'm going on full vacation then I will usually splurge more :)

U is for Unique, what is one of your weirdest food combos?

Hmmm....I'm not sure that I eat anything too weird?  

V is for Vitamins, what kind do you take?
Multi-vitamin, vitamin C 

W is for Wasabi, yea or nay?
No thanks!

X is for X-ray, what would we see in your stomach right now?
My breakfast of greek yogurt, kashi cereal and rasberries and a cup of coffee with half and half :)  And lots of water!

Y is for Youth, what food reminds you of your childhood?
Baked potatoes because my family always had meat and potatoes for dinner.  That and mac and cheese

Z is for Zucchini, how do you prepare it?
I love zucchini bread - especially chocolate chip zucchini bread!

1 comment: